So apparently, good news comes in droves. Good news also exhibits a tendency towards seasonal migration, having eluded me for the past several months. Suddenly, wham!
While the immediate post-graduation environment found job opportunities severely in want, a sudden slew of openings for Political Science - specifically PS - grads has been opening up as of late. In terms of civil service work, the MAS, MOF and MTI have turned up high potential positions in the local state career database. I also noticed some other attractive positions on various websites - specifically, the one I have in mind is the Veracity Consultants position, which from the job description (Political Risk Analysis) and Senior Management's description (wah lan PhD in Politics with 20 years work experience in the CIA that kind) sounds damn superb lah.
Best of all, they're looking specifically for PS students. Fuck man, why now then look?
Anyway, whatever. If Veracity's still around in a few years time, it could potentially be a good option. For now, I'm content with what appears to be two tentative/potential offers: one from the MAS and one from the MOF. I've already gotten verbal confirmation that the former wants me in the team. With regards to the latter, I just came back from their final round interview, and I think I've a good chance of an offer from there too - though the dua tao ask the question, sibei killer man. I'm a political philosophy student who's spent his past months reading up desperately on macroeconomics and finance - how to know the behaviors of global sovereign wealth funds liddat? Brain freeze 1 x jialat jialat.
So, yes! Exiting unemployment, ladies and gents!
11/20/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Grats! :)
'Cher Jenny?
Anyway, thanks!
Heh, you know it :)
Obviously I'm still lurking around...
Phear me!
I don't think anyone says that anymore though...
I... don't think so either. Haha.
Whatcha been up to of late! Still teaching, I assume?
Nope, left teaching in Feb'08, and what a journey it's been! I'm now in Admin :P
Which has its own dramas. Life's too hard sometimes...
Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.
Post a Comment