Fuck man. To make matters worse, that night i bladdy dreamed about people asking me how the interview went. All these fucking dreams - they'll be the death of me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On another note, I was reading Hardwarezone's forum on tailors for men's clothing. All I have to offer in response to anyone who gives enough of a damn to Google for further information, is that Grand City Tailor @ Frontier Building (it's in Ubi; typing 'frontier' in gothere.sg will bring up the location) is, like, the best place for any fresh - read, unemployed and hence generally insolvent - graduate to make shirts. With the exception of several triple-ply cotton fabrics, most shirts can be made for 50 bucks. That includes:
(a) Shirts with additional fabrics lining the collar and cuff - those stylo-stylo type where additional material is used to contrast the shirt's general look.
(b) Normal cuff, French cuff, Mother cuff, Father cuff, whatever.
(c) Standard fit, Slim fit, Fat fit, Obese fit, Obama fit, Similanjiao fit - you get the picture.
(d) Fantastically nice uncles. Like, seriously - I take at least an hour to pick my cloths, I pester everyone for advice and help, and no-one loses their patience. It's like they're on Prozac all the time.
(e) Initials and other gibberish (like double collars, which I never do) come at additional prices, I think.
Having read all the pages in the Hardwarezone forum topic on tailoring (yes, the ugly hydra of unemployment rears its grotesque heads here), I do concede that there are tailors and companies - for instance, I would assume something like Raoul - that do better jobs. In particular, I found the House of Gentlemen blog to be a sterling example of this, replete with pictures and informative discourse. I gotta hand it to the guy for juggling a BO job at Credit Suisse with his moonlight shirtmaking activities - fuckin' A for entrepreneurial spirit. That being said, as a poor sod I cannot justify spending a hundred and twenty bucks on a shirt that I, from an entirely superficial point of view, can get for less than half that price. Hence, my overall conclusion that for the next couple years at least, Grand City (and uncle William) will be my BFFs for workclothes.
For anyone who does make the effort to Google and comes up with this (pseudo) review, I hope it helps. In return, do pray that on the 17th I will pass my final interview - the one that got postponed (fuck!).
Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment