11/19/2006

Gender Studies

Is it just me, or is there something just... wrong somehow, about chicks who date older ang moh men?

I've taken enough sociology modules to pinpoint this comfort as deviant behavior arising from conflict with traditional societal gender norms - Chinese woman, Chinese man. Why? Because Confucius say you no fuck white man, that's why.

Well, okay, so it's only been TWO sociology modules, but you get the drift. Thing is, while I do acknowledge that Yes, this is an example of typical gender stereotyping whereby women who date older, richer ang mohs are SPGs, so on so forth... but hey, wait a minute! Are you saying that its right? That it's acceptable behavior?

So what if it's a social construct? That doesn't immediately exonerate the SPG for her behavior - you think Singaporean men came up with this stereotype because the ang moh more handsome? Has better dress sense? Cock jealousy? Oh, fuck off - you think all Singaporean men are petty, dumb and poor?

Okay, wait, I can think of a few such people already... Wait! Wait wait wait - That is NOT the point. The point is that Singaporean men are not fucktarded. Just look at me.

Anyway, there's a point to all this, and the point is this: My opinion - which may not count for much but it's my personal log so it counts for something - is that a decent local girl does not enter into a serious relationship with an older, wealthier ang moh. Why? Because some stereotypes are based upon certain unimpeachable truths - for instance, that there are materialistic women who will perform gratituous deep-throat for spare cash on the side. Or that there exist women who are veritable cock-mongers with fetishes for white meat. Note that I have happily excluded ang mohs of acceptable age gap - hey, true love is blind; false love isn't. Just like that oh-so-famous line from Full Metal Jacket: "Me so horny, me love you long time..."

-------

With this in mind, I was flipping through the Sunday Times when I encountered an article on page 12 entitled Python Squeezes pet dog to death at River Valley condo. Leaves so much to the imagination, the headline does.

Myself: "Wow! This looks interesting... (proceeds to read)"


Still, it was cold comfort to Bella's owners, 37-year-old sales director Matt Walterhausen and Miss Glenda Liu, a 22-year-old private school student

Mr Walterhausen was also concerned about the safety of the children in the condo.

"The size of a toddler and a dog are not much different and the children could be attacked


She [Miss Liu] said: "When I see the grass patch now, I'm so scared that my legs tremble."

"My head is filled with the images of the snake around my yelping dog, and I can't sleep."

"We lost our baby."


Myself: "... ... ... Wtf."

You see, you can't blame men all the time for behaving like MCPs if people perpetuate stereotypes themselves. Just like certain ethnicities parade around varsity docked in Cirque Du Soleil fashion-sense and yodelling mandarin as though they're cock-gargling, some stereotypes aren't really stereotypes if people behave in exactly that manner to begin with.

We lost our baby? Right. If you think about it, that kinda implies something with regards to the state of children from such a relationship... But I shan't be evil. After all, why should I?


Edit: I was scrolling down my really short msn list and I saw my pal Jackson's nickname. It read: "Girls are kuku, throw rocks at them!"

God, that is the coolest. Sounds like, I dunno, uber kiddyspeak. Maybe it comes from some cartoon. Nevertheless, iz cool 'yo. I shall think up something equally as inane.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a war and we are soldiers isn't exactly uber kiddyspeak, is it? It's more Tolstoy than Dr. Seuss.

exhumed said...

haha dude..good post

anyway that nick was derived from the female equivalent of "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_are_stupid,_throw_rocks_at_them!

exhumed said...

oh forgot to add..the really amusing part is that the person who came up with that concept was a GUY, and he ended up making millions of dollars selling his shit to every male-hating female out there to his own benefit. genius he is.

Anonymous said...

What the f** is wrong with you? You are missing the whole point of the story - a 3.5 metre python is on the loose and killing right in the middle of town and police did nothing, let the f**ing snake go free - this is what you should be writing about. The fact that a guy who is older than you can pull a young beautiful girl is a story that you will hear for the rest of your life ... synopsis - you are a LOSER and always will be ... cry baby jealous whining and never get a date. Get with the program.

Anonymous said...

I am the wife of Matt Walterhausen (MW), well definitely his EX wife now because I had no idea that he had "pulled" another woman. The dog that was killed by the python was my dog - I am the legal owner of Bella, my Jack Russell. MW had Bella on the condition and who had promised to return her to me in early 2007 - due to the strict Australian quarantine laws. We had lived in China prior to my return to Australia.
I couldnt care less about the fact that he has "pulled" a young beautiful woman - what I do care about is the deception - if I had of known the real situation I would have made other arrangements for Bella to do her quarantine with friends in other countries - I am heart broken by her loss and somehow feel responsible because I made the mistake of trusting a man I was married to for almost 9 years...
This is nt about stereotypes, age or race - this is about people behaving really badly - which is exactly what my EX husband did.

Cheok said...

anon: Get with the program? And what program would that be? Why the fuck do I wanna write about a python on the loose going around killing beloved pets? That's of no interest to me - I enjoy writing about fucktards like you. Get with that program, you lil' bitch.

This gets even better - you mean he wasn't even single to begin with? Oh, wow.

Get with the program of stupid young girls going for older, married ang moh men? And you want me to focus on a veritable zoo exhibit, when what we face is a real, ongoing social problem in Singapore. Nice...

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk, whoever said the girl was a beautiful young woman? the articles only mentions her as a 22 yr old private student.

Anonymous said...

typo. article(-s) mentions her.

Anonymous said...

this has got to be your most incoherent entry i've seen bro. from sarong party girls to dog getting strangled by snake, and then now the dog's owner is chio.

sml?

next thing u noe, the jack russell who died probably has a multi million dollar will, being fought out in court by the 22 year old, beautiful private student and the snake

Anonymous said...

I thought I would get a sign in name as I am not the anon that typed above my original entry...
I just want to clarify, MW and I are now separated - he can do what he likes with his life, I really dont care.
We lived in China for a few years where we would see young Chinese girls throw themselves at western men, business men were mostly the targets - I think it's ironic that he became the very stereotype we used to shake our heads at...
There is no multi-million dollar will just unfortunately for me I lost my precious dog.
If those young and "beautiful" women spent less time in pursuit of western passports then maybe you wouldn't need this blog.

Haro said...

Agreed to a certain extent. Dude there are still chicks out there for ya. Anyway, to those anonymous commenters. Fu*k you retards, ya assholes are no different from ppl who wears a mask and stick their middle finger up. How about your daughter gettin fucked in the ass by some 9' white fella.

Anonymous said...

While the thought of a 20 year age gap is instinctively repulsive, fact remains that a lot of intelligent Singaporean women are falling in love with angmohs. You can't label the entire bunch as being stupid bimbos.

Anyway, the sociology thing you mentioned, doesn't it apply more to Singaporean men marrying women from third-world countries? I believe this is a more widespread trend than what you wrote about. What connection could there possibly be, and how sad is it that they want nubile young things even though they themselves are middle aged,fat and ugly?

Anonymous said...

To myexisevil, If you are still looking at this site please reply and say yes as I have some very important personal information to give you re MW. If you reply yes I will contact you agn ASAP.