
I figure i'd better write something before this journal rusts into oblivion.
Period of high stress just passed. An essay on Nietzsche's Genealogy of Morals had me in stitches for, like, 3 weeks. That's right, I spent a grand total of a very-spread out 3 weeks reading the book multiple times, writing an incorrect draft which got shot down in flames by the lecturer over consultation, writing a new draft whereby I got stuck at the 1300 word point, before finally completing it at central library on a saturday evening. Barely in time for the deadline on Monday.
Nietzsche makes for a pretty fantastic read, though. And you know i'm a sucker for nonconvention: the portions which criticised Judeo-Christian morality as nauseating and piteous pretty much made my day. Heh.
We got to witness the birth of a new dimension of female analysis last Friday at the Holland V kopitiam. And from the arts queen CH herself, no less! See, we were discussing the perennial distinction between hot and pretty. I'm sure you've heard of it, all you people-watching sluts you - how the two terms can be exclusive, but can overlap:

So basically you can be pretty but not hot, and hot but not pretty. Easy, right? Hot would be the slut you see in the club with a bareback top and nonexistent skirt, pretty would be... well, I suppose since the arts queen threw this idea up, pretty would be CH herself then (I know this isn't helping your mental image much, but hey - you get what I mean by pretty lah).
We then proceeded to complicate the entire affair by adding additional dimensions to our paradigm:

Cute is an image that can be propagated. In other words, cute is a socially-constructed terminology. You aren't born cute, the way Hello Kitty isn't a real cat (if you didn't realise this, you're either too young to be reading this webpage, or you're reading this from a shared console at Woodbridge). You can act cute, you can speak cute, you can msn cute (god I hate these people), but really you can't be innately cute.
Unless you're retarded, to which I have no comment.
Beautiful. Ah, the most sensuous term. Beauty ranks higher on my scale than hot, for the simple reason that I would never get bored waking up beside a beautiful girl. This is, of course, hypothetical (sadly). Anyhow, beautiful is an extremely minute subset of pretty - needless to say, you can be beautiful and hot (which is very often the case when you see someone looking drop-dead in a club), but in no way is beauty associated with cute. Fucking hell, you just cannot be beautiful in my eyes if you have a Miss Melody top on, or if your handphone has like, 10 million soft toys dangling from it. That is just behaviour for Stupids; people who do such things think they're damn fucking hot, in the way that sailors once thought dugongs were mermaid princesses of the ocean:

Ergo, people who are cute are motherfucking sea cows.
Back to the topic. Where was I? Ah yes, so we had these 4 dimensions of viewing girls, and we were going on about how Audrey Hepburn is clasically beautiful, and Jessica Alba is hot, how Jolin Tsai should be categorised under cute, and so forth. It was then that CH had this flash of brilliance and introduced the concept of willing.

So what is willing? I don't know if what i'm saying agrees with what the others, but willing ought to be tangential to hot, because willing is also a socially-constructed image. It's like dressing hot, so hot to the point where your appearance screams OH GOD OH GOD FUCK ME NOW I WANT YOUR HOT LOVE!!
Heh. I just had to write that down somewhere.
Sadly, this form of appearance also be perverted by people who aren't hot to begin, such that even under conditions of acute angle and no lighting (read: darkest possible corner in the club) you instinctively know there's something about mary that just ain't right, and you close your eyes in an attempt to will her away (it never works, and you usually have to move somewhere else).
What was the conclusion of this enlightening discussion regarding the female image?

Hurrah for a working definition of Loose! Now you know what to call that hot schoolmate who wears skimpy tops all the time!
6 comments:
LMFAO!
But very true. Speak the truth and spread it, brother. The truth, that is.. The truth.
I think cute, pretty, beautiful girls can be willing too, right
i wonder which subset do i belong to?
and yes it's film n hist.
jade
maddie: yes ma'am!
jole: draw me a venn diagram which says that, because really i can't be bothered to...
jade: oh ok. thats kinda freaky then, having someone know so much about your past...
The new blag arriveth.
captainmaddie.blogspot.com
Linking ya up alright. Monkeyeatmonkey is no longer dude!
Eh. I'm beautiful but not pretty.
Post a Comment