
I figure that when i've my own humble abode in future, i'm definitely gonna have my own personal gym of sorts. Do you have any idea how friggin' sian it is to travel to a gym thrice a week? If I had a gym of my own i'd workout everyday man. Workout and watch HBO, do situps and listen to music, do pullups during commercials.
Okay, that's abit much. Sounds freaky, like i'm some 200 pound freak of nature when i'm actually the 60 kilo resident lightweight. Anyway, I figure that if i ever get an apartment, i'd knock down a wall and combine 2 rooms into an exercise area. I'd need a flat bench, an adjustable one, plenty of weights... Jeez. If it ever came to that, I think the cost of equipping the setup would dwarf that of the entire renovation process.
But! It ought to be done. Provided that we're speaking about a bachelor pad, of course. Can you imagine having a fiance/wife who lives in a 4 room apartment with 1 master bedroom, 1 study and 1 gym? Ha ha, she'd frickin pack her bags and leave after a couple months. Stench of male hormones hanging too heavy in the air n' all; either that, or she'd be some Jojo Sinclair wannabe, and really - let's try to avoid imagining such scenarios, shall we?
Anyway, the Quest for Donnie Yen Shoulders is into its 2nd week (and 5th gym session). Aching my nuts off. It's reassuring to know that I can still get a passive audience from doing shoulder weights, though. I'm rather proud of my shoulder weights, they regularly incite expressions of awe and disbelief.
As you can tell, i'm kinda meandering away here. It's 1130, i've been awake since ten, i'm fresh outta stuff to read and i'm full of semi-restless energy. This information is current as of 3am this morning i.e. right before I slept, whereby I polished off One For My Baby by Tony Parsons; I read the first 5 pages and I realised i'd read it before, around the time when I just completed JC (because I recall noting down a quote and attempting to impress my ex-girlfriend with it, ha ha).
Oh, yeah! Before I go, a short digression on music: I'd had songs from Panic! At The Disco on my com since... Wow. Pretty damned long, i'd say - easily more than a year. It's only recently that i've learnt just how fantastic they are live, and it's forced me to reevaluate my opinion of them (which isn't hard, once I realised that all the P!ATD songs i'd downloaded weren't their good ones - a mistake i've since rectified). You can give their AOL live set a looksee here, courtesy of youtube. Incidentally, I recently heard one of their tracks (I Write Sins Not Tragedies) on Seacrest's charts, which once again reinforces my status as purveyor of good music since I caught on to them over a year ago. How 1337!
Hmmm. While you're at it, you might as well check out my cousin's band on myspace too, songs and all. Chalk asked me to do up a letterhead for him...

... Apparently my addition of the guitar fella is too tacky. Personally, I think it's pretty decent for a 10 minute job (rushing outta the house to do weights before the hour got too late). Anyway, they're called AFTP and you can click on the picture to go to their myspace site and listen to some homegrown music. Don't expect the world, but I think its not bad - I quite enjoy their Dead Ambience track. You can leave some comments on their work here, too.
Ok, enough rambling. Library trip! I'm like the only guy I know who goes to the library so damned often. Gosh, am I lifeless or what. Ha ha.
3 comments:
I've got a couple of Fueled By Ramen (P!ATD's label) music since months back so, yay.
Wow. You'd be one up against me then, because the label seldom matters to me.
panic!at the disco rox!!
Post a Comment