
I caught Thank You For Smoking today. I'm wagering that it'll be the best show i'll see this year, just as Batman Begins was the show for me last year - Aaron Eckhart puts in a stellar performance, and the supporting cast (all star-studded, mind you) don't let down either.
Fantastic stuff, keeps a grin on your face from start to finish. Considering that i've placed the energy level of the show on par with the boyhood thralls of watching Batman being done justice for the first time in cinematic history, that's kinda saying something eh? Really, really good stuff.
I was out with the Chow and the Nerf (phrasing it that way brings to mind The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - ha ha, ok no relevance, for the record i'm not saying anything) talking over a couple o' beers and a late night drive on the (oft-revisited) topic of relationships and falling in love. While I certainly will not divulge anything here, I will observe that even as I spoke... Well, I was... Gee. Is there any way to say this without trying to sound like i'm tooting my own horn here?
Alright, what i'm getting at is that I thought I sounded so much more grown up and sensible than what I was a year back. As though I know what i'm looking for (can't say that it's true, though). That I sounded and felt completely comfortable with my beliefs and who I was. That all the time spent on inflection and attempts at prioritising goals is finally paying off. That i'm not just comfortable with who I am, but unburdened, happy, free.
I know this's hardly readable material (unless you know me personally). Nevertheless, take the earlier advice - catch Thank You For Smoking. It's one movie that's worth even a weekend ticket price; i'd buy the DVD if I had the cash (coughs) - Honest!
1 comment:
I can't wait to get back so we can play swabble over wine and beer at void decks. Mext time, bring along your guitar, you sexy strumming boy!
-your S.A-
Post a Comment