7/12/2006

Alba

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's Day Three of the mysterious flu bug...

-Imma call her Alba. Why Alba? Look above. Why's it a She and not a He? Well, ain't no He's gonna find their way into me, no sirreee-

... and i'm still having perpetual headaches around the clock. This, in a nutshell, sucks. People who've seen me study in school know me to be a panadol freak because all too often I cram my brain chock full of data (I generally aim to memorise almost everything yes i know so hardworking horrr) until headaches are, like, fucking severe; as such, I resort to popping panadols and grabbing a half hour break of coffee and cigarettes while the painkillers set in, and then it's back to work.

As of late since Alba came into my life, i've had to resist the urge to pop 2 every other friggin hour. This is, to say the least, hardly a laughing matter. It's not funny, kids - it fucking hurts.

Wake up - headache
2 hours later - headache
Lunchtime - headache
Dinnertime - headache
2 a.m., right before I sleep - headache

MOTHER. FUCKER.

Stupid bitch virus. I haven't been so sick with the flu in ages.

Alba, you suck. Pray tell, Christian reader - if God is omnipotent and has a plan, why'd he create bugs like the flu? The common cold? I mean, what purpose does it fucking serve - God's very own mass genocide and means of population control e.g. the Spanish Flu (more accurately, the Spanish Lady)?

On a lighter note, being stuck at home with barely the strength to go out has conferred on me the ability to work on homegrown things that i've procrastinated upon for ages. I'm now fairly fluent at strumming Wonderwall (Oasis, duh), Slide (Goo Goo Dolls), At Your Funeral (Saves The Day) and Time Is Running Out (Muse) - the last one still needing some work. There're others, but these're the only ones i'll list for now. I should think this isn't too bad for a guitar novice who only really started fiddling around with the instrument 2 or so months ago.

Oh - for reasons best known to men when they're down with the flu, taking a piss with Alba hanging around is generally quite discomforting. Rather uncomfortable, i'd say. I feel... weak. I obviously do not like feeling WEAK, because I am STRONG. STRONG! RAWR!!

Heh. Sorry.

To pass the time, I downloaded the entire collection of Vertigo Comic's Lucifer. It's pretty damned good, and its such a pleasure reading it. I've still got about 30 more books to read, and thereafter i'll download the Sandman Collection. Such a joy, not having to squander wasted trips searching the library shelves for graphic novels... Although there's a certain feel lost when you're reading from a screen and clicking the Next Page button to flip to the next sheet.

And... Umm... Oh! It appears that i've weaned off the temptation to smoke, too. I tried my hand at a hiatus 2 weeks back, and it had marvellously cleansing results on the system - when I lit up after 6 days of smoke-free living, I felt absolute shite. I bought a pack after the break and took all of 5 days to finish it - would've taken longer, except that I went out twice and when I go out I smoke to pass the time.

Obviously, Alba's strong influence on my daily routines right now means that I can't smoke. I don't even have the strength to head downstairs and buy a pack, for Chrissakes. Anyway, good to cut down also la - These fucking yellow boxes these days are fucking ridiculous man. 20% of all outdoor space? Give me a fucking break - it's madness, dammit. Might as well ban cigarettes.

Koo Koo Jiao.

In a nutshell, Alba's just like any other typical bitch - She constantly makes me feel like shit, causes me to wake up on the wrong side of the bed every other day, gives me nonstop headaches, interferes with my life, makes me pop pills, makes me feel small when i pull down my pants.

We're all so better off without 'em bitches.

No comments: