Germany beat Sweden 2-0, with Ballack and Klose making the german frontline an absolute pleasure to watch. What can I say, Don - told'ja it'd be an arse whipping!
I finally got a new line (and phone) to replace the ageing and incredibly extravagant starhub contract i'd been on... The monthly bills have brought me nothing but incessant complaints from the household. Getting a Motorola SLVR L6 for zip, nada, nothing - what can I say? It's a sweet deal, man.
Converted the 30 bucks saved from phone spending into expendables like beer, food, fags, and generally a pretty relaxing evening. It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to whittle away 2 hours watching soccer and drinking beer.
I am too lazy to do up the title header, so there.
I would've written something more interesting, save that 2 days ago faithful blogger erased my post by humbly requesting I sign in after i'd clicked on Publish Post. Suffice to say that... Ah well. Maybe i'll just write abit of it here...
I for one do not believe that platonic friendships exist. I think harboring beliefs in a platonic relationship borders on delusional fantasy; s'like making-believe that interpersonal closeness doesn't breed feelings of any sort. I believe that given enough time, space and inherent acceptance of the other's physicall attributes (i'm attempting to phrase it extremely subtly - what i'm really getting at is that you think the other person looks acceptably good. Shallow and insensitive? So's everything else - get real, and get with the program), some form of romantic connotations will eventually emerge.
As such, platonic relationships cannot truly exist without the development of emotional pitfalls.
Go ahead and quote me your current friendships as examples, and i'll question you if the proportion of successful ones > the number of times you thought of someone as a friend, only to have the tables turned?
Better yet... What if the so-called platonic friendships you exonerate right now are heavily cloaked in hidden infatuation? Imagine if your closest guy/girl friend for whom you've never thought of in a romantic manner, actually has had a secret liking for you all this while. No wayyyy, you say... But think about it. What if...?
Suddenly it all seems kinda possible, doesn't it.
Pretty debatable, but hey - no kicks in discussing something straightforward, right?
If relationships could be seen in black and white, would the world be better off, or worse?
Hrrmmm.
6/25/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha shits. I didn't even know you'd put up a picture of yourself as a ghostbuster, and there I was going on about Ecto-1 and its annoying siren.
I actually liked Egon the best too, tho I'll admit that the rest of the crew's high annoying factor chipped in to Egon's likeability.
AM I SMART ENOUGH FOR YOU HUH? HUH? HUH? AM I ENOUGH OF AN INTELLECTUAL FOR YOU?
Just kidding.
As for tonight, I apologise for the nipple tweaks and the rib-crushing hugs. I didn't realise the extent of my fond abuse for you til I got home.
Sorry brother! I'll lend you some ointment!.. When I've got the money to buy some.
Anways t'was just awesome seeing you and the rest of the ladies tonight la. I take a comfort in seeing old (in Sara's case, VERY old, teeheehee) and familiar faces. i guess I just haven't seen alot of my friends in a rather long time. Hurm.
Don't cut your hair! I wanna see how long it can get, Rapunzel.
Okay well seeya on Wed maybe or something byebye brother.
P.S. Too bad you've lost your IC. Put up that photo if you can find it. Or give a private and exclusive exhibition hyuk hyuk.
Post a Comment