Today marks the demise of all things electronic in the Wong household (save the home PC, which is now my sole vassal of communication with the world wide web and its denizens).
Firstly, my laptop is fucked. That's right: f-u-c-k-e-d. I'm way less calm than I appear to be as from my writing; i'm verging on tearing my hair out and slaughtering all the uncles at the downstairs kopitiam with a meat cleaver for no reason whatsoever, other than I am ridiculously very-the-fucking-pissed-off right now.
And for good reason, too - it was a 2.3k investment by my parents in me, and I just fucked it up really, really bad. Even my results don't justify this cost. Suffice to say that i'm taking this quite hard.
Mother. Fucker.
Secondly, I walked into my brother's room to find him twiddling with electronics and wires. I shook my head and walked out... 5 minutes later, the main circuit breaker tripped, and needless to say Dad was majorly pissed.
And I do mean majorly pissed. Grand mal pissed, fucking pissed, whatever-you-wanna-call-it pissed. Basically, he uprooted everything single remnant of anything remotely to do with electricity in my brother's room, and flung it full force onto the floor... Quite literally, bits and pieces of plastic and metal are now strewn across the floor as I write this.
Did I mention he also whipped out a claw hammer and proceeded to smash all my brother's CPU casings to bits? Ouch. It's kinda loud now, with Dad yelling away at Cheok Plug.
My brother is either extremely stoic in the face of adversity, or he's grown extremely immune to Dad - he's sobbing, but despite that he isn't outright bawling as I might've been once upon a time. It's like he's shut off from the world.
So much for my desired self-declared hiatus from Viceroys; there seems to be no lack of problems surfacing like fucking surface-to-air missiles in... What, the past 24 hours?
Some people believe in karma, and that what goes around comes around. Well Santa, i've been a good kid - where the fuck's my reward? All i've got to show for it is obstacle after obstacle, and i'm thinking if God wanted to show some attitude, he really knew how to hit me where it hurts.
I'd bank more on nice guys finishing last, as opposed to karma as an excuse for imagining better outcomes. Fucking doesn't pay to be nice, I tell you.
6/27/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That sounds really bad. Unreasonable like mine sometimes.. it's just the circuit breaker..
nope. not when you smell the familiar burnt rubber stench pervading the brother's room, it isn't...
i suppose the dad has a valid point la. after all, without the breaker it'd be my brother exuding eau de crispy right now.
as it is with all dads, you just gotta live with 'em i guess. you grow older and work your way around the rough edges.
i agree, the thing about dads, there's nothing much you can do except live with it.
I hope you feeling a wee bit better right now. Don't turn to viceroys, turn to something else that's less harmful. I don't know what's the next best alternative though. haa..
Cheer up! Everything is going to be fine in a while. You just have got to be patient.
huiyi: smoking's convenient la. buy from downstairs, can already. plus, drinking doesn't really help much right now... it's a bloody laptop problem, for chrissakes. come to think of it, i ought to change my heading equation from Marlboros to Viceroys...
oh wait - no laptop, no photoshop. fuck.
eh? who leaves comments at 9 in the morning man.
sour balls! are you using singtel/m1 now? tried smsing you from here but doesn't work... or did I take down the wrong number? Mmmm. Anyways! hope to see you online soon :)
Post a Comment