5/09/2006

A Fistful Of Spankyous

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The term 'heritage' as defined in geographical terms refers to the preservation of the past arising from its significant value to those existing in the present, for the purposes of the future. (I recited that from memory 2 weeks after the Changing Landscapes paper - not bad, huh) In the spirit of such earnest memory work and stringent academic thought, the hedonistic institution known as the Wong Bastards' Yearly Chalet Party blitzkrieged its way to a 2nd consecutive year of fucking insanity: beginning in the ominously quiet evening of May the 8th and lasting until the sun blazed rays of glory over the forest horizon on the 9th, it was the glorious culmination of a fantastic past 3-odd months of diligent and studious hard work...

Alright, that last part's bullshit and you know it; it's much more accurate to term it the culmination of all the scandals that have plagued the domain referred to by a select few as Central Six (i.e. Central Library level 6). With an inordinate amount of alcohol (I have 6 bottles of full/half-finished/quarter-left drinks in my room now, and we started off with... 12-14?), fantastically amusing/bitchy conversations and a bunch of absolutely fuck-nuts year one girls... Well, what can I say? This was so much better than last year, in many, many ways.

Still in the process of collating photos and sound/video clips for processing into a cd, which I intend to somehow reproduce for all who came... Aren't I fucking nice? But firstly, I really need to thank the many people who made this happen - Wong Bastards' Annual Chalet Party, 2006. In no particular order:

Thanks to Huiqin, Harold and Kenneth (Phua, a.k.a. Mr AMK) for helping me set the place up, and also being my manual labor. And of course, gracing the occasion with your (ahem) vibrant and (ahem ahem) explicit personalities.

Thanks to the rest of the girls i.e. Marlene, Samantha, Yuka, Shuting and Sheryl for being there, adding to the population count, drinking up a fair share of alcohol and hogging the blankets... Wait, that doesn't sound too right. Umm, I mean - for... Coming! Mmm... Comingggg... And err I hope you all had fun, yep?

Heh.

Thanks to all the NUS Ruggers who came, namely: Paul Chia the infamous Sky God; Mark Koh the CJC Whistling Bully; Kenneth Elias a.k.a. the SAJC whore who preys on AC girls; the extremely random and inebriated King Kudus; Adnan, Legitimiser of Truth; Benja the Henpecked Boyfriend; and Don Marcus, the Pro-Smoking Advert.

Did I miss anyone out? Nah, don't think so. You guys were fuckin' A man - the talk-cock session downstairs was fantastic, and I hope it was as good for you guys as it was for me.

Special thanks to Jieyan and Don, because they endured the length of the stay despite being incredibly tired... and they CLEANED UP THE PLACE. I'm touched, I really am. You have no idea how much it means to me to come back to a clean chalet. Especially after last year's Katrina-scale wipeout.

Huiyi was undoubtedly one of the babes of the evening, and her presence no doubt kept Mark Koh in check from physically assaulting the person who identified his secret past... Thanks Yi - for coming down, for being a great friend, for being there for me through rough times. I really, really owe you.

Of course, no annual chalet is complete without the presence of my Brothers: Brother Kin, Piyananda Ho and the ever-innocent Doctor Don - may we form our own political party soon, and God bless you all. Let's not forget my pal of 18 years running either, the SMH himself (plus Cheryl, the arm accessor... I mean, girlfriend) - thanks for coming mate, and I didn't forget the ice and six-pack you brought either. Make it up to ya somehow, yep.

I shan't forget my neighbour Jame, who graced us with his manly presence (okay, that sounded wrong too) - still lookin good, bro. And of course, the lovely Flower of NTU, Jolene - who is solely responsible for uncovering Mark Koh's checkered past... as the Whistling Bully of CJC! Good work, Jole. I hope the revenge we hath exacted is of sufficient appeasement to your intense emotional trauma and repressed suffering over the many years... Your Erdinger is still on hold, by the way.

Last but certainly and definitely not the least (in fact, arguably the first)... What's a party without the crew of Central Six? Chalk, Chow, Kenneth (once again) - saluts. As a team, there is no shit we cannot stir... We will scale the highest mountains, brave the greatest chasms and cross the deepest seas to stir shit among people - God bless us all for stirring so much shit.

Heh. Should be all of it, I think. To sum it up - I treasure every occasion such as this for the fantastic memories, without which I would no doubt be a significantly lesser person. Thanks everyone for les fantastic evening - its a privilege to have known you all, and blessing to hav... Ah, this sounds so preachy. Fuckin' A, yeah? And I hope you feel the same so that we're square this time round.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


In hindsight, I fear that I might not have pictures of some of the participants... Oh, bother.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. it was undoubtedly an interesting night. waiting for more to come in the coming years! retain the tradition yeap!

Anonymous said...

rememberin'...

last yr. Ehehe!

Chowzzer said...

U never thanks to me for my mixers etc etc. Ho ho ho.Thanks for inviting lionel, it was great spending time with you all, yeah make it a tradition!!!!
More shit will be stirred with the years to come!! wahahah

Cheok said...

huiyi: there exists no doubt that the tradition will remain for at very least the remainder of my nus life... which makes that the next 3 years. but y'all grads must stay in touch and come la!

shupz: hai... why you exams... paiseh la, sis. i figured your exams to be over already, so i didn't plan on a monday clash.

chow: hah! if i started thanking everyone for everything they brought, it'd be damn jialat la. i lost track of everything already... chips, drinks, food, mixers... but yeah, you know i'm grateful either ways. stay cool and funky alwayz - ALWAYZ

Chowzzer said...

V always!