2/27/2008

I should be doing my political theory essay...

... but I'm not.

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? I mean, it's been a really, long, WHILE since I wrote anything.

Yes, I know it's a redundant statement. And yes, I still don't care if I'm stringing together the most painfully obvious sentences.

But no, it doesn't mean that nothing's changed in the past few months. If anything, everything changed.

I settled down. Not in the literal marriage sense mind you, but it's quid pro quo to me anyway.

I've remained settled down... and ha ha at you sir, person who commented previously that two months was worth ninnypoop and horseradish.

I now resort to last minute work. This never used to be the case when I was single and had heaps of time on my hands. Over the past year, I've written the last half dozen major essay assignments on multiple pots of coffee and cigarette packs, pulled several all-nighters (24 hour marathon essay/project-writing efforts would be a better description), and have somehow managed to sustain my academic momentum.

It amazes me. I might begin to believe that I really am academically smart, as opposed to compensating intelligence with a disgusting amount of hard work.

Nonetheless, I am happy. In finding love (sappy, I know), I find myself constantly subject to copious amounts of joy and satisfaction. Certainly there are times which vex and frustrate and make me seethe with some sort of righteous burning anger...

I'm kidding. What I meant was, there are difficult times.... there always are. For any couple who're making a concerted effort to accomodate, to fit, to stay happy, to survive... to simply be together, it's never easy. And it shouldn't be - nothing worth it ever is.

So, yah. Despite the increasingly stressful academic predicament I find myself in, I'm happy. Of course it may not seem that way when I'm tearing my hair out over politically dense questions (I think the one I'm supposed to be writing on now, qualifies), and it certainly may not seem that way when I'm vexing over the injustices of the CAP/GPA system, or for that matter the blue collar B grade I got for International Politics of Southeast Asia (prof Singh... you are really a bloody Singh sial).

I guess I'm happy in a different way now. It's a good way. It's good change.

(I know it sounds as though I'm trying to convince myself... But I'm not. I am literally musing and penning whatever comes to my head sans further thought).

Alas! 'Tis three in the morning. I shall return to my philosophical contemplations on Weber and Schmitt.

By the way, I like the white template thing, even if it is a bitch to edit - goddamn xhtml scripts, tying all the template sections to umbrella designations. At least it's minimal.

Also, given the lengthy duration of absence, I don't expect anyone to be reading this. And that's a good thing.

Wait! One more thing I ought to share with you. Or me, since I'm the target audience (need Shrink, ASAP). There's this fella - I'd better write the name in one line, lest some totally random fella googles his name and I get flak for badmouthing my projectmate - as I was saying, there's this fella and his name is DeanAmirSingh.

Goddamn, it's a Singh again. You know where I'm headed, don't you?

I submit for your perusal, the Tourism proposal (for this geography module I'm taking this semester with Kenneth 'Mr AMK' Phua) as uploaded onto the official module database, of DeanAmirSingh and his two female hallmate/projectmate counterparts - affectionately termed Slut 1 and Slut 2 by Kenneth:


Time

Place to Visit

Purpose

Remarks

0900

Changi Airport Terminal 3

Cool Airport


1030

Changi Village

Lunch (Malay Food)


1200

Check-in to hotel

-


1300

Newater Plant

Find out about
Singapore’s water Catchment on HDB rooftops/ monsoon drains.


1600

Oxley Rise/Mosque/Synagogue/ Church/Temple

Observe Singapore’s racial and religious integration and harmony.


1900

Bugis

Eat kuay chap


2000

Visit to Pasar Malam

Experience a heartland bazaar,


2200

Geylang

Supper

OTOT back to hotel. Stay and pia if you want to pia.

OTOT

Back to hotel

Sleep


0800

Breakfast at Rochor Road tau huay

Breakfast


0900

Visit to Adeline’s home in Punggol with a rooftop garden.

Understand Singapore’s Sustainable Green Environment- Vertical Greening

Block 119 edgevale plains.

1000

Heartland Mall

Visit to leisure area to experience


1130

Punggol Nasi Lemak

Nice Nasi Lemak


1230

Sentosa

To learn how an artificial landscape can be formed to attract tourists.

Visit EVERYTHING in Sentosa.

1900

Sentosa

Stay for songs of the sea


2000

Café Del Mar

Flirt with the babes.

OTOT go home.

0700

Breakfast

Powerful breakfast at Shang Rila


0800

Set off for Pasir Ris Park

Go through Singapore’s parks and park connectors.

Learn how Singapore’s parks are all interconnected, making Singapore a garden city.


1200

Jalan Kayu

Prata for Lunch


1300

Orchard Road

Experience Singapore’s Shopping cos it rocks.

Check out the buskers and street performers.


1800

ECP

Eat seafood


2100

Changi Airport

Get out.



I think the phrase What The Fuck does not even begin to encompass the sheer wonder of this piece of art.

Which fuck-ing ee-diot submits a proposal to the lecturer recommending a tourist visiting Geylang to 'stay and pia if you want to pia'?

Which normal person visits Cafe Del Mar as a holiday clubbing spot... and wakes up at 7am the next day?

Who the fuck visits Singapore for its bland infrastructure? Is anyone going to be impressed by the awesome water tanks on the rooftops? Or the torrid color scheme plaguing most HDB repainting projects?

Who the fuck spells Shangri-La 'Shang Rila'?

In conclusion, Kenneth and I had two responses.

Number one: henceforth, the term 'Amirrrr...' shall be used to substitute the phrase 'fucked up'. For instance:

"Oh damn, if I don't get some work done by tonight, my essay is really going to Amirrrrr man."

Number two: DeanAmirSingh, Slut 1 and Slut 2 can all go suck a dick.

That is (finally) all. I bid thee good night.

2 comments:

Geremiah Elijah said...

LOL dude! Half a year! Still it's great to hear(read) from you. You should write more often la, always funny to see the amirrrr stuffs you write about.

Anonymous said...

that was fucking funny..bloody racist you.
yeah oh course with such a pretty gf like yours I would be happy too.. she is gorgeous, share the love man