
I suspect Nietzsche would agree with the popular adage that 'only the good die young'. Considering that the modern conception of Good is rooted deeply in Christian moral beliefs, simple laws of nature dictate that the meek, powerless and altruistic don't go far in life. Conversely, those with ability and power (whether over others or over themselves) and who aren't prone to the fallacies of Judeo-Christian moral paradoxes will... Well, live forever or something, I suppose.
I'm wondering why I launched into that little paragraph of outspoken though. In fact, I'm wondering why I even spent an afternoon smoke break considering how 'only the good die young'.
It's probably because abandoning Christian ideology and embracing a pseudo-Nietzschean Will-To-Power of the self seems to have significantly changed my outlook towards many things in life. While being exposed to various politico-philosophical influences is no replacement for religion (who needs religion, anyway?), an amalgam of sensible 'Christian' virtues such as loyalty to true friends, being fairly humble etc with Machiavellian republican virtues i.e. a good dash of rational self-interest and putting one's own goals above all; this's been my means to living in the past few months, and it's paid off handsomely in terms of a carefree and fulfilling lifestyle.
Or maybe it's because the remaining vestiges of Christian thought are railing against recent behavior. Development's been late in coming, but I'm beginning to discover what it means to... mmm... ahh... play the field, so to speak.
If only the good died young, I might just live to a ripe old age. Oh bother.
On a separate note, I noted a recent spate of IQ quiz results on several blogs I traipsed by. Curiosity piqued, I killed the cat and did the quiz...

Umm. Honestly, I really wonder why anyone bothers flaunting anything lesser than a score of 167. Why 167? Because I'm pretty sure 167 is the highest this quiz goes. If a person really were smart (ahem ahem), they'd easily see how to max out the number displayed.
In all honesty? My score was still so-called genius level. Does it matter? Nah - fuck what you think, I know I'm bright. Knew it all along, baby!
2 comments:
U are true about living to a ripe old age. HAHAHA.
Plowing the field will be a more suitable adage.
HAOLIAN!
Post a Comment