4/25/2006

Untitled

On what is popularly termed amongst 'bloggers' (oh, how I detest using that term... I sound like an XX-wannabe) as a 'hiatus' (often having the tendency to last the shortest of spans, and generally aimed at provoking cries of 'I miss euu, hurry and blog~', along with sympathetic-sounding comments for one's 'return').

In case you haven't realised, the godforsaken tidal wave known as Examinations has befallen us poorly equipped proletariats, and i'm currently doing everything in my power to beat the system.

For supplies, it's a free flow of Panadols (I get massive headaches from overloading the neural memory boards) and caffeine (Red Bull... Pokka Iced Coffee... we... are... your... friends...).

For inspiration, it's this guy I know who's got an inordinately high CAP score and studies day-after-day in the library. How do I know? Because i'm there in library everyday; my only minor victory over him being that he wasn't there on Sunday - Hah!

It is, however, only a minor victory... because he's got a .4 higher CAP score than mine.

Plus, he hangs out with a bunch of chicks and that kinda irks me.

He smokes too, so I can't blame the cigarettes for my loss. I can't lose to him now, can I?

FURTHERMORE, half of the Central 6 guys want to beat him up - no, seriously, I kid you not. It's really his face, but I think the rest have found a fairly acceptable excuse to as well (discounting that its an excuse based off a rumor). Ah well.

I MUST NOT LOSE TO HIM! No way, Jose.

So yes. Anyhoo, 4 more days to go. 4 papers in 4 days, before the 1 month of feverish anticipation of results. God, I am such a nerd.

P.S. - I'm only writing this because i've time before I sleep. No, i'm not an inanely bo liao person who feels a need to update to please my (non-existent) fan base; i'm just sick of studying Sociology, that's all.

Til next time, folks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wong. it's me!! actually i'm just here to tell u that over here at SMU our exams ended last wk and now we are having a 4-month holiday... *sigh* hard work la. hahahaha...

anyway..all the best for ur papers! u r so smart im sure u can beat the guy! (im how nice)

p.s: somehow u look skinnier now. eat more! ;)

Cheok said...

omg lisa i had no idea you even knew about the existence of this blog.

either that, or i plain forgot. ah well.

bloody smu...

Anonymous said...

"my (non-existent) fan base"

haha, was that a call for us to say "but i'm your biggest fan!"

lol

anyways hang in there, it'll be over in no time..

oh, I had a friend who has a full cap score, and he doesn't go to the Libraries on weekends. Beat that! heh.

Dr. Fletcher said...

Best of luck, dude! Go execute some good ol' OWWWWWWWWWNAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Cheok said...

jole: haha, no it wasn't a rallying call of any form... i tend to think of it as a friend base rather than a Fan one, anyway...

god i'm tired. full cap score? goddam man... we'll see how it goes... you never know - someone with my oft-put down stereotypical looks might just equal that feat.

but meanwhile, god i'm ridiculously tired...

fletcher: thanks man. as for the ownage... oh, yes... i will... if i could just stop being so tired...

UPDATE: 2 papers to go in the next 2 days. maybe having 4 papers straight wasn't such a good idea after all.