
Short 3 part entry, just to note some recent thoughts/events down.
Josef Kavalier and Sammy Clay, 2 adolescent Jewish kids in a 40's era America, dreaming up their very own comic-book superhero. I didn't think it was all that funny, but it got me laughing anyway.
"Well, Batman-"
"He flies, like a bat."
"No, he doesn't fly."
"But he is blind."
"No, he only dresses like a bat. He has no batlike qualities at all. He uses his fists."
"That sounds dull."
"Actually, it's spooky. You'd like it."
"Maybe another animal."
"Uh, well, yeah. Okay. A hawk. Hawkman."
"Hawk, yes, okay. But that one must fly."
"Yeah, you're right. Scratch the bird family. The, uh, the Fox. The Shark."
"A swimming one."
"Maybe a swimming one. Actually, no. I know a guy works in the Chesler shop, he said the're already doing a guy who swims. For Timely Comics."
"A lion?"
"Lion. The Lion. Lionman."
"He could be strong. He roars very loud."
"He has a super roar."
"It strikes fear."
"It breaks dishes."
"The bad guys go deaf."
They laughed.
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon, 2001 Pulitzer Prize winner
Just the other day I was over at the Orchard Towers side of town, having just walked with Chalk to his bus stop. I was gonna cab home after he boarded his ride, so i figured Well, can't hurt to take a piss before flagging a taxi, right? So I wander into one of them sleazy looking shopping centres -replete with in-house discotheque, caucasians and their spg/trannie arm accessories- in search of the gents.
After a short circle of the ground floor, I finally find it (the loo, not the spgs or whatnot) smack dab beside the entrance to the discotheque. So I push the door open while fiddling with my nano and I look up and, lo and behold, there's this tall dark figure with long hair, huge boobs and extremely indecent attire standing in front of the mirror.
I halt awkwardly, slowly pull open the toilet door and re-examine the sign which clearly proclaims this as the Gents. I realise the scenario for what it is, as do I also notice that... He? She? proceeds to cast a cursory glance at my awkward stance under the door frame before resuming... Her? His? application of make-up and lipstick. The works.
It takes a step back to allow me passage to the urinals, and while taking a leak I grin at the silly humour of it all.
Apparently, my uncle's place (where I spent the first day of the Lunar New Year) just caught fire, and the firemen hosed down the entire bungalow... Meaning that even if the fire was only confined to ONE room, the ENTIRE place is soaked.
I'm not being evil or anything... But ha ha that must suck real bad man.
5 comments:
i dont get the first part. abt superheroes n stuff.
the IT thing was funny. how come there arent any ITs in the ladies. i sure wanna see.
suay. fire on chinese new year. 'old one dun go, new one dun come'. the house gets destroyed by the fire, AND the firemen. haha.
Hah! That shows rich guys not to flaunt their wealth.
Not related but the new layout is awesome. Whos jessica? Miss alba i presume? *squints* that looks like her tiger beer pose leh.
Either you really hate me not to reply, or you're busy doing some stuff. I'm paranoid.
hahaha. nonsense! it's the daily dota sessions - 3 hours every night means i rarely reply comments anymore.
danielle: heh. yes, it's ms alba from our dearest rival Tiger Beer. she's still fuckin' A, though.
Post a Comment