It doesn't seem quite right to smirk when you're walking outta the exam hall after everything's over, and amidst the cacophony of discussion you hear little snippets like:
"Die la. I didn't do the last two short questions... No time..." - That's 15 percent of your grade up in flames, you poor sod. And I did 'em. Muhahaha.
"How was it? Damn hard right... I dunno alot of questions..."- Oh, really? It seemed okay to me what.
"How many pages did you write? Wah seh, this exam's damned easy if you study man - I wrote NINETEEN pages with spacing leh! NINETEEN LEH!!" - I uhh... wrote umm... fourteen. No spacings. So there you go.
**Person in front looks around in seeming frustration, stands up noisily and exits the hall with bag in tow, never once looking back** - Wah, chui. Steady best man. One notch up the bell curve i go... suckerrrr
So maybe I can be a smug asshole sometimes; but I did work my arse off for this bunch of papers, so I don't really give a fuck. Self-honesty overrides humility in this situation. I'm gonna reward myself with a round or two of dota right now. And oh, by the way: here's something really worth reading... In fact, i'd say it was the best thing i've read on a blog in the past... oh... quarter of a year? The fact that MercerMachine's a writer does somewhat explain its quality, but nevertheless i still found it all beautifully haunting and utterly absorbing.
Enjoy.
11/21/2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
lionel wong .... though i gotta admit ure smart but.... URE FUCKING COCKY leh... tsk tsk.... seriously lar FARKS!
NI YOU DONG NI YOU DONG
NI BU SHI REN NI BU SHI REN
heh how many papers more to go?
seems like half the world's got at least 2 down, while i haven't started a singe one. and because of that, guess who's ending the exams bloody late this sem.
si bei hao lian man you.
you're the kinda person i'd gladly like to beat up.
muahahaha.
amy: i'm done with three, by the end of today it'll be four, and by thursday i'm done. lol.
cher: lol. that was the whole point of this post, wasn't it?
oh hi, saw you on my tagboard! you're from rj too right?? my bro's yr - class of 2002? he recognised someone in one of your photos...
ah yes, tiny's recovering really speedily! maybe it's the magnums...
lol no way im from rj man. the exact opposite: ac
good to hear that haha. he probably recognised our darling kenneth phua, who is also MR ANG MO KIO.
no, seriously. and its good to hear your dog's doing fine. man, that's one helluva cute puppy!
Post a Comment