11/29/2005

tact

As everyone knows, there exist moments in life whereby someone just HAS to come along and royally piss you off for no fucking reason whatsoever. Well, folks - Tonight is such a time.

Personally I quite enjoy angry posts. I find the acceptance of irrational anger as a working standard (as opposed to calm thought) to be a rather refreshing change from normality.

Once in awhile, that is; no-one really wants (or needs) high blood pressure at such a young age.

- - - - - - -

The story begins as such: I've just gotten home and I log on to msn. Aren't that many people online whom I feel like chatting with tonight, but there's a name at the top of the generic friendlist which catches my eye; in particular, it's because i've never spoken to this girl before and for some reason (which probably accrues to shit-stirring from a mutual friend) we have each other on msn.

Let's term her Girl X. Girl X is someone known within my circle of friends, so technically i'm out on a limb and breaking personal rules by writing this. But hey - Sometimes people deserve the shit being thrown at them, and it's as I said earlier: Tonight is such a time.

So I think to myself "Well, maybe i'll pretend i actually give a fuck and act friendly and shit like that", so I go Hey anyone home? And she isn't AFK so she replies me, and the chatter begins. Things seem pretty normal until the first hint of idiocy creeps in:


Me: what's the module code?

Girl X: gekXXXX

Me: what fac one?

Girl X: arts la

Girl X: duh

Me: ... Rephrase. history mod? independent mod?


Alright. Up til this point slipups might still be constituted as my bad; my latent understanding of the question appears to be a couple steps ahead of Girl X's, and perhaps the phrasing IS somewhat bad. Response slightly lacking in tact but no biggie; i'm not exactly the tooth fairy myself.

Conversation picks off from above


Me: wah lao

Me: macam you think im some retard la

Girl X: well u look lk in ur pic what

Me: ... WTF


There's a subtle difference between being direct and being completely tactless.

Well okay - THERE ISN'T. I don't go around insulting people's pictures unless I know them well enough to understand their temperament and chill level. But nair mind: my msn pic admittedly is abit the flash - After all, I don't see the point in appearing normal all the time what. My bad, then. Again.

At this point of time, i'm actually beginning to wonder how people with alarmingly low emotional quotients survive in the reality of present-day.

And then the axe falls.


Girl X: hehe

Girl X: petty

Girl X: and sensitive

Girl X: typical acs boy

Me: ...


Umm... Ahh... Ahem, how do I say this?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Disclaimer: MSPaint figure bears no resemblance to person in real life. Firstly, because I barely remember what she looks like. Secondly, because I think that tactless people don't deserve a real life to begin with.



What's up with this stereotyping man. I mean, it's fine to jokingly diss raffles boys in the way they diss me for being anglo-chinese - that sorta stuff's in good spirit, and i'm cool with that. However, I don't find it particularly amusing when STRANGERS pigeonhole me as PETTY and SENSITIVE for no fucking reason other than the uniform I wore.

In fact, I don't find it amusing at all. You know what? I think it's even less amusing to me as Girl X flunking her final paper - at least that might bring a somewhat sadistic grin to my face. I'm supposed to be petty by nature, you see. At least, that's what i'm told... About myself, at that.

The nerve of some people. Come to think of it... You must be a typical bimbo, then. Oh wait - you can string sentences together. That kinda makes you... *gasps* ... ATYPICAL, doesn't it? Like, fuck whoa! An atypical bimbo!

What, like those bird flu chickens? Or something along the lines of say, Ebola-infected rats? They're atypical scenarios too, aren't they?

Man, we ought to just gas 'em all. Singapore needs some population control, anyway.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

fwah, nice. the filled with angst flicking of finger. muahaha, me likes!

anyway, yes i think people should stop stereotyping. but you know what? it's human nature. it's like, we hate being deceived or lied to, but don't we all lie sometimes? see, humans are self-contradictary.

anyhow, i think that girl got an attitude problem. or maybe something against your school. LOL.

J said...

OMG. Like you finally finished. :P Oh well, shit like that happens on msn all the time. I guess. *wonders if you called the gurl retard "X" after a certain gurl retard who calls herself...ahem. Double X :P *

J said...

Oh cripes. I had a 2 hour lead but still wasn't the first to comment?! For shame =/

:P

Chowzzer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well, i think i know who girl x is. He he, prolly dumped by the typical acjc guy i guessed, hence the stereotype. Relax. Chill chill brazil. Stereotype is just an escape or means for her to associate with the unknown...

Cheok said...

heh heh. lol no la jen, nothing to do with XX.

and chow - wait wait, this one we talk in person. skali you anyhow say then it'll start raining shit man.

the.purple.lady. said...

ey. cheok. i swear you are damn funny la.

it's either im orgasmically drunk now or the timing but i was laughin my heads off reading this.

wait. ignore me. i think im wasted

Cheok said...

lol. i think you are, too.

foong said...

And stereotyping AC boys as such's wrong anyway la, if i might add
T_T

fcukling said...

omfg. someone made you angry while my cousin and i got so fucking drunk that we can't even remember what we did last night. okay, wait. i think i do. will tell you over msn.

fuck. any cures for a super awful hangover?

kerkiemonster said...

Thought that AC boys supposed to be rich,handsome Greek Gods. Well, whatever.

emi said...

that pic's so cute! ha.

exhumed said...

good post man..i dun think the focus was so much on stereotyping ac guys as it is how people can get to become such pain in the asses.

the frustrating part is when they don't realize it, and no amount of common sense or reasoning is gonna change their viewpoint

then when you fight fire with fight they get pissed and get all petty themselves over why you're doin that to em geez

Cheok said...

emi: see next post. i betcha'll enjoy it. heh.

jame: amen! right on the fuckin' spot, bro. heh.

Missus Chineses said...

i'll buy you a hatchet for christmas.